REBATES & FINANCING FOR BUSINESSES
Businesses are encouraged to contact an Advisor at 303.786.7223 prior to the installation of energy efficiency measures to ensure your project meets the eligibility requirements for any available rebates.
Rebates are available from many sources, including utilities and local governments. An Advisor can help you find and apply for all available rebates for your upgrades.
- EnergySmart has distributed $3.2 million in rebates for more than 1,370 energy efficiency projects for businesses and commercial property owners. Funds provided by Boulder County have been fully expended for 2016. However, utilities and some cities continue to offer rebates on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please call an Advisor for more details at 303.786.7223.
- City of Boulder businesses and commercial property owners may qualify for rebates, thanks to funding from the City of Boulder Climate Action Plan (CAP) tax. Rebates are first-come, first-serve. READ MORE
Lower your costs and get rebates from your local utility. Qualified energy efficiency projects may include the following:
- Lighting and Controls
- Cooling Efficiency
- Heating Efficiency
- Energy Management Systems
- Motor and Drive Efficiency
- And More
Xcel Energy Customers: READ MORE
Longmont Power & Communications Customers: READ MORE
Note that pre-approval of projects may be required.
NEW COMMERCIAL ENERGYSMART CUSTOM EFFICIENCY REBATES!
Businesses located in the city of Boulder can now earn incentives for efficiency upgrades that are not a part of the existing prescriptive rebate program. Custom Efficiency rebates promote the implementation of electric and natural gas saving measures by reducing project costs.
Eligible measures include:
- Building Automation System
- Airside waste heat recovery/reuse
- Chiller Upgrades
- Refrigeration compressor and condenser replacement
- Variable frequency drive installations on fans, pumps, or other variable loads
- Compressed air equipment and system upgrades
- Lighting equipment and controls that extend beyond prescriptive lighting rebate offerings
- Process heat recovery and reuse
- Controls, improvements or operational reconfigurations for industrial processes
- Data center load reduction measures
- Building envelope improvements
This program is offered through the Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) - EnergySmart Commercial Program with funding from the City of Boulder’s Climate Action Plan tax.
EnergySmart and Elevations Credit Union are working together to offer Elevations Energy Loans to businesses and homes. Energy Loans can help you achieve a more efficient, comfortable and affordable building.
Energy Loans can be used for a wide range of energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades including insulation, air sealing, heating, cooling, water heating, windows and solar PV.
Interest rates start as low as 3.75% for business energy loans.* Loans can be paid in part or in full with zero prepayment penalty. Energy Loans can be combined with rebates to fully fund your business upgrades.
This exciting financing is available to businesses and commercial property owners in all Boulder County communities for qualified energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in existing buildings. Free EnergySmart advising is available for borrowers. LEARN MORE
*Potential borrowers must have been in business for at least two years with profitable operations, positive net cash flow and no previous foreclosures.
WANT TO GET STARTED? SIGN UP TODAY!