Income Qualified Solar Grant
February 1 - March 15
Whether you are looking to save money, switch off natural gas, or help protect our environment, we can help!
Boulder County works to make sustainability accessible to all which is why Boulder County offers up to $3,000 in solar grant funds for income qualified homes in Boulder County. Single family (attached and detached) owner-occupied homes are eligible. This includes town, row, and mobile homes.
This service is available thanks to Boulder County's Sustainbility Office and the EnergySmart service.
- $1.00/watt and up to $3,000 per home can be awarded
- Move away from fossil fuels an become energy independant
- Become resilient to rising energy costs and let the sun pay your bills
- Reduce CO2 emissions and help us keep our beautiful environment clean
- Create more local jobs within industries focused on energy efficiency
- Get the solar system for your home you always wanted!
- March 15th - Application Deadline
- April 15th - Grants awardees will be notified
- June 15th - Grant awardees must have a signed contract with solar contractor
- November 30th - Project must be completed
Steps to Apply
- Contact your EnergySmart Advisor to complete the Solar IQ Grant Application
- Submit your 2017 (or most recent) Tax Document(s) (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ)
- Write and submit a Statement of Need essay (up to 1 page)
To learn if you qualify, please use the income qualifications table below, read the Solar IQ Information Packet and call your EnergySmart Advisor to get started. There is limited funding for this service. All applications are due by 11:59pm on March 15th.
Call 303.544.1000 today to learn more and get started!
or call your EnergySmart Advisor today to see if you're eligible for BOTH city and county grants!
LOW INTEREST FINANCING
EnergySmart and Elevations Credit Union are working together to offer Elevations Energy Loans to homes and businesses. An Energy Loan can help you purchase your solar system and streamline your financials.
An Energy Loan can be used for a wide range of energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades including rooftop solar, insulation, air sealing, heating, cooling, water heating, and windows.
Interest rates start as low as 2.75%. Loans can be paid in part or in full with zero prepayment penalty. Energy Loans can be combined with rebates to fully fund your home upgrades.
This exciting financing is available to residents in all Boulder County communities for qualified energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in existing buildings. Free EnergySmart Advisor Consultation (usually $50) is available for borrowers. LEARN MORE