BOULDER COUNTY BUSINESS REPORT | JUNE 21, 2013
BOULDER — Western Disposal Services Inc., the city of Boulder and the Colorado Green Building Guild honored organizations, businesses and individuals for a variety of green-oriented achievements during the Boulder Earth Conference on June 12.
Excellence in Diversion
Western Disposal Services recognized six businesses with Excellence in Diversion awards for reducing waste sent to the landfill by implementing recycling and composting programs.
The following companies achieved between 75 percent and 80 percent diversion rates:
Colterra Restaurant, Niwot; Cook Retail Center, Longmont; Foolish Craig's Restaurant, Boulder; GE Analytical Instruments, Boulder; Independent Power Systems, Boulder; and Snooze Cafe, Boulder.
The city of Boulder and Boulder County recognized five businesses for their outstanding achievement in the EnergySmart program.
The five businesses are:
- The W.W. Reynolds Cos., a real estate services company located in Boulder that specializes in property management, leasing and development.
- Hover Senior Living Community, a thriving, forward thinking, caring community located in Longmont, where all are served with integrity and respect.
- Tebo Development Co., a commercial real estate owner and developer that offers a wide range of retail, office and industrial space throughout Boulder County.
- WaterStreet Plaza, managed by Gibbons-White Inc., a group of multitenant buildings located in Boulder, with retail units on the ground floor and office suites on the upper three floors.
- SAE Circuits Colorado Inc. a manufacturer of quality printed circuit boards located in Boulder that services customers with diverse applications and locations.
EnergySmart provides services to help businesses and homes in Boulder County communities identify energy-saving opportunities and assist them through the energy upgrade process. The EnergySmart program is funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act through the U.S. Department of Energy's BetterBuildings grant program and is sponsored in partnership by Boulder County, the City of Boulder's Climate Action Plan (CAP) tax, the City of Longmont, Xcel Energy and Platte River Power Authority.
The Colorado Green Building Guild based in Boulder presented the following Green Building Awards:
Green Cutting Edge: The Golden Hoof;
Best Green Adaptive Reuse of an Existing Building: Alfalfa's Market;
Best Green Commercial New Construction: Via Mobility Services;
Best Green Improvement on a Commercial Building: Boulder Creek Quality Inn & Suites;
Best Green Institutional Building: University of Colorado Boulder - Jennie Smoly Caruthers Systems Biotechnology Building;
Best Green Multi-Residential Building: Boulder Housing Partners - Red Oak Park;
Best Green Residential New Construction: Sunshine Strawbale House;
Best Green Residential Remodel: Boulder ZED Spec Home;
Special Recognition: WW Reynolds Cos.